Building work can be messy.
Here's 3 ways to deal with it
1. Be Prepared
Not all builders are messy (honest) but sometimes they can't help it. no matter how clean they are some jobs just create mess. So the best thing you can do is be prepared for it. And I don't mean just visualising it and mentally preparing yourself.
There's a wide range of great products for protecting your home in these situations. This article covers all the key things you'll need when it comes to protecting your home.
2. Keep on top of it
I'm sure you've heard it million times. From homework at school, things at work. Don't leave it until the last minute. This is just as true when it comes to building mess. Wherever you can, clean up day by day. If you don't you'll be breathing dust, picking it out your clothes, blowing it out your nose and picking it out of your food.
The best thing to do, is get the hoover, a broom, a brush, anything you can get your hands on and get rid of it best you can. If not it will only get harder.
3. MoveWhen it comes to long term extensions or renovation, a lot of people can't bear the upheaval. It's just too much to see the house reduced to a building site. So the last resort is to move out and rent short term.
- Out of sight (or site), out of mind
- Your life can go on like normal
- No cold showers or nights without electricity
- Its expensive. A mortgage and rent is more than most people can spare
- If you like to "micro-manage" its not for you
Let us know in the comments what you do to deal with mess during building work
Written by Edward Parlato